Thanks to the many Westwood residents who have offered comments on the conceptual drawings for Westwood Town Hall Park and Gaines Triangle. This has been very helpful to the Cincinnati Parks and the design team at MKSK. Westwood residents serving on the Coalition and its member organizations as well as the local residents on the Parks steering committee for the project have been reading all the input and welcome more. Let the Westwood Coalition know what you think of the latest plan, Concept E, pictured here. There is great enthusiasm for the overall plan for the park grounds and the Gaines Triangle at Harrison, Epworth, and Urwiler. Respondents appreciate the cohesion that is emerging for the business district, the improved pedestrian and vehicular safety, the event space, playscapes, and landscaping. People like the opportunities for public art, for attending to the historic nature of the property, and the linkages between spaces. Take a good look and tell us what works especially well and where you think adjustments might be needed. The planning process is nearing completion, with another meeting with Parks and the Coalition on Thursday, August 4 and a presentation to the Park Board soon thereafter.
Monthly Archives: July 2016
Concept D for Town Hall Park and Gaines Triangle
Thanks to input received from area residents, MKSK, the landscape architect at work on plans for this project, has developed Concept D. The Westwood Coalition continues to invite your comments as refinements are made. Here are some questions in which we particularly are interested:
- Which design elements are the most favorable to you?
- Do you like the notion of imaginative, creative playscapes?
- With this redesign, what can you imagine happening at the Town Hall Park in terms of programming?
- Would you like to see a water feature? What type? For what purpose?
- Do permanently placed urban games appeal to you and, if so, where do they make the most sense?
- What factors would help to distinguish the link between Gaines Triangle and Town Hall Park?
- Is the dog park desirable and well-situated?
- Are the specially marked pedestrian crosswalks at Harrison, Epworth, and Urwiler a good idea? Do you have comments on paving material?
- When you imagine public art as part of the design, what do you imagine or hope for?
- And, of course, we’re eager to hear your other general and specific comments.
We welcome your comments about Concept D through any representative to the Coalition or to MKSK or to the Coalition’s general email address over the next few weeks.